Travelling through air is the only fastest way to reach people abroad. In a survey conducted by technical aviation experts, it was found that airline deaths were declining when compared to the previous years. The main reason is that appropriate precautions are now being taken by the respected organizations. Since the airline passengers are forced to face difficulties like alterations in airport security, airline luggage rules and restrictions for carrying certain items it is necessary to follow some airline tips for a safe trip. Make sure you know how to use life jackets at times of emergencies. The following are some of the airline safety tips that you should follow to ensure a safe and a smooth flight travel.
- Travel without frequent halts- As most of the accidents occurs during take offs, and landings, it is advisable to take direct flights if possible to reach your destinations rather than halting at various stops in the middle. Reducing the number of flights while travelling not only cuts down accidents and expenses but also lessens the travel time.
- Prefer a bigger aircraft- Companies use advanced technologies in designing aircrafts that can accommodate 30 passengers. These aircrafts are designed according to certain certified regulations. At times of accidents, large aircrafts will enable passengers to move out quickly causing less damage.
- Listen to the Pre-flight briefing carefully- Though the information seems to be repetitive, make sure you hear them carefully as different flights have different emergency exits. Briefing includes instructions on how you have to rest your body while emergency landings and using life saving jackets. The website AiSafe.com offers a lot of videos and blogs that help you during aircraft accidents.
- Overhead Bin Storage- Avoid placing heavy luggage in the aircraft bin storage. A heavy bag which falls from the overhead bin will not only cause serious damage to you but also to the people around you.
- Fasten your Seat belts- Make sure you fasten your seat belts as soon as you get to your seat. Seat belts provide extra protection and safety.
- Listen to the information given by Flight officials- One of the major reasons for the presence of flight officials in an aircraft is to provide necessary help and safety at times of emergencies and needs. Thus if they advice you to do something do it immediately without asking further questions. Make sure you wear comfortable clothes while travelling. Take a trip around the flight to avoid vein thrombosis problems.
- Avoid bringing hazardous items- There are a lot of items that are not allowed inside the flights. Some of them are containers consisting of gasoline or poisonous gases, corrosives etc. Make sure you do not carry the most commonly prescribed hazardous materials.
- Avoid drinking during the flight journey- Do not consume a lot of alcohol while travelling as it will cause a serious effect on the health and state of mind. Avoid drinking or drink at a moderate levels.